you are being bullied
1. Keep your cool. kids who bully
LOVE a reaction, so don't give them one.
2. If you dont look afraid, you are less likely to
3. Dont take expensive stuff to school.
4. If you know of someone who doesn't like you, steer clear.
5. Don't fight back. You'll only make the problem worse,
and you may get hurt.
6. Stay within sight of teachers.
7. Instead of getting mad, try getting funny. It shows that
you're not scared and can lighten the situation. If you
feel comfortable, surprise the person who is bullying you
with a compliment (thank you for pointing that out!)
then walk away. Remember not to use mean humour. Thats
just stooping to their level.
Dont react thats what the person bullying
you wants so dont give a reaction. The best thing
to do is follow these 4 footsteps. Consider practicing some
scenarios with someone to build confidence.
8. Tell adults you trust and keep telling until someone
helps you. They can help more than you think.
9. Never tell anyone your computer passwords or share personal
information over the Internet - this includeds name of your
school, friends, etc.
10. Be polite to others online just as you would be in person.
11. If someone sends you a mean or rude message, do NOT
respond. Save the message as evidence.
12. Dont send an email or a text message when youre
angry. A sent message is a permanent message, and you might
youre bullying other kids
1. Realize that, just because other
kids watch and laugh when you bully, it doesnt mean
they like it or feel comfortable around you.
2. Remind yourself that everyone is different. Just because
a kid is not like you or your friends does not make them
better or worse people.
3. Talk to a trusted adult like a teacher, a coach, or a
parent. They can help you come up with better ways to get
along with other kids.
4. Think about how the targeted child feels when you pick
on them. You may not realize how much your teasing can really
5. Hang out with buddies who will keep you in check instead
of encourage you to bully.
6. Apologize to the people youve hurt. If you feel
uncomfortable, try sending a note instead.
7. Resist peer pressure to bully.
8. Try to use your power and influence for good, not evil!
Set a good example and see what happens.
9. If you feel tempted to bully in a situation, make up
an excuse and walk away.
you are witnessing bullying at school
you're standing around watching bullying take place, you're
not part of the solution. Youre part of the problem.
Bystanders have the MOST power to help.
1. Say something! Tell the person who is bullying that the
way theyre acting is not cool and that you won't get
involved. If you feel uncomfortable, say whats on
your mind. It matters more than you think.
2. Recognize all types of bullying. It's not just physical.
Bullying can be gossiping, excluding, name-calling, even
sending mean emails and phone messages.
3. Dont fight the person who is bullying. Walk away
and get help.
4. Get others to form a group. Band together and walk away.
This shows the person who is bullying that you are not entertained
by them being mean.
5. Put yourself in the shoes of the kid being bullied. If
you were them, youd want others to help, wouldnt